History

The Mark Lodge was consecrated in November 1949. There were 21 founder members. Membership rose steadily until it reached a peak of 62 members during the late fifties and early sixties.  As a result of an aging membership the numbers have fallen quite considerably recently and now stand at 27. In an attempt to attract further members, and to protect the current membership, we have combined two of our regular evening meetings with the Royal Ark Mariner Lodge which was consecrated on the 22 May 1971.

Typical Mark Token

Typical Mark Token

Our Lodge takes its name from St Egwin, 3rd Bishop of Worcester, founder of Evesham Abbey. Unfortunately much of the Abbey was demolished, but the parish churches of All Saints and St Lawrence and the Bell Tower remain as beautiful examples of the buildings that occupied the site in former times.

:en:Evesham Abbey bell tower in :en:Evesham, :...

Image via Wikipedia